Manual Handling Healthcare Introduction
In the health industry in Australia, there are 44 employees each day requiring one or more weeks off work due to work-related injury or disease. Over half of these are due to manual handling injuries!
Since all jobs involve some type of manual handling, essentially all workers are at risk no matter how risk-free they believe their work to be.
This training video is an introduction to manual handling in the healthcare industry and provides a range procedures and techniques to reduce the risk of injury. It includes:
- What is manual handling?
- Types of manual handling injury
- Common causes of manual handling injury
- Correct lifting techniques & the balance circle
- OHS responsibilities of employers and employees
- Importance of hazard identification and hazard management
- Areas to consider when assessing risk